Santa Fe Quota Lions Club Branch is committed to empowering women, children, Deaf, and Hard of Hearing in their local communities.
Quota International of Santa Fe, Inc. is now Santa Fe Quota Lions Club Branch. Why? Because our parent organization, Quota International, Inc. (QI), decided in January to dissolve after 101 years. QI of Santa Fe will also close its doors on Sept. 30, 2020. As of Sept. 1, 2020, we are continuing our efforts under the umbrella of Capital City Lions Club and Lions Club International. Though our international affiliation has changed, our 70-year commitment to serving our community has not.
We want you to know that:
- We will have the same members in the Santa Fe Quota Lions Club Branch as were in Quota International of Santa Fe.
- Our work with NM School for the Deaf will continue, especially our scholarships.
- Street Outreach Center, Santa Fe Public Schools Adelante program and services for youth will still be a major part of our program including food and school supplies and the Holiday Gift packages for homeless teens.
- The Food Depot and Empty Stocking Fund are among the other programs we plan to continue supporting.
Our members are deeply grateful for all of the support you have given Quota International of Santa Fe, Inc. We couldn’t have done it for seven decades without you.
It is our hope that you will continue to support us and our projects as Santa Fe Quota Lions Club Branch.
Please contact any one of us for more information
Quota International of Santa Fe, Inc., until September of 2020, was a part of an international organization that has over 5,000 members worldwide in more than 14 countries. The mission of this organization is to empower women, children, Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and people with speech difficulties in local communities around the world.
While the overall international organization began in 1919, the club in Santa Fe chartered their club in 1950.
By 1999, the Santa Fe club of Quota International had become very active in the community such that it dictated that measures be taken to help maintain and secure funds for charitable works in the community. It was at this time that the Quota International of Santa Fe Charitable Trust was established. It is categorized as a 501(c)(3) entity.
Quota International of Santa Fe members have proudly and actively supported the following projects:
- regularly donating food, bottled water, clothes, personal hygiene items and many other things to homeless teens
- raising money for college scholarships for high school graduates who are Deaf and hearing graduates who are studying to work with the Deaf
- donating school supplies to pack into backpacks for some of the 1,700 homeless elementary age school children in Santa Fe
- collecting over 1,700 diapers to give to The Food Depot for distribution to folks in northern New Mexico.
Quota Member Susi Perry on the Richard Eedes radio show sharing about Quota International of Santa Fe’s project in the Santa Fe, New Mexico area. Transcript of Podcast.
To join the members in friendship and service, please e-mail us!